Buy Juniper Berries
About Juniper Berries
Despite the name and appearance of juniper berries, they are in fact consider a spice, and commonly used in European cuisine. The juniper berry is commonly use in rich and hearty meals such as stews and casseroles. Once ground down using a pestle and mortar or high speed blender, it can be use to flavour tofu or vegetables prior to roasting and baking. The ground spice can also be used to add a depth of flavour to baking and jams. Buy Juniper Berries
Juniper berries are also used during the making of gin, this is what gives gin its distinctive, aromatic pine-like flavour.
- Most popularly used when making gin
- Grind down to make a spice rub to flavour tofu and vegetables
- Add ground juniper berries to stock for a touch of spice
- Use ground juniper berries in baking or making frosting for cakes
- Try adding ground juniper berries during jam making
Love these? Try our organic juniper berries.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.